Gossip Girl's costume designer Eric Daman is giving us the FIY what the future Serena van der Woodsens and Blair Waldorfs need to stock in their closets with for 2010.
Here's what Eric has to say:
1. STATEMENT BRACELETS: "It's all about mixing materials. Enamel pieces are also going to be big."
2. EXPOSED ZIPPERS: Daman says he'll add a zipper to a piece if the fit isn't right. "Only if it's something minimal so I don't toy with the design."
3. PAINTED PRINTS: "It's almost Monet-like. A real concept."
4. TEXTURED TIGHTS: "Men love them. They're really sexy and a nice take on a contemporary fishnet. For the winter, put a nude tight underneath to keep you warm."
5. GRAY: "The new interpretation of gray is that it's the new black, a neutral. It's a no-brainer."
6. STRUCTURED: "This is very minimalist and linear. It has a Bauhaus architecture sense to it. Its lines could be those of the Chrysler Building, or the downtown Washington Square arch with the structure of the Upper East Side."